Arctic Offshore Oil and Gas Management, Regulation and Enforcement
A Legal Regime Web-Based Information Resource
This web site contains information on Management, Regulation and Enforcement of offshore Arctic oil and gas. This site contains links to information and documents stored by Arctic governments on their oil and gas regulatory, legal regimes, research, reports and statistics.
- Laws, Regulations, Notices, Rules, and Guidance and Management system documents,
- Science and Technical Reports,
- Monitoring methods and results,
- Inspection/enforcement procedures and results,
- Accident and incident reporting,
- Statistics for discharge types and amounts, waste handling, etc.
- and other information
This will allow easy access for regulators, industry and all stakeholders to a centralized information resource, including information on Health Safety and Environmental Management Systems employed in the Arctic offshore.
The site is intended to:
- Demonstrate and profile Arctic States' stewardship efforts related to offshore oil and gas activities.
- Facilitate the sharing of current information on best practices from different states and allow better communication in the management, regulation and enforcement of Arctic offshore oil and gas operations and allow all stakeholders easy access to this information.
- Be a systematic way to outreach to Arctic Council Working Groups, Permanent Participants, observers and other stakeholders.